Ah, the maxi- my favorite length!
1. Top Left: Soft, boho, and ornate. Echoing this in a sandal makes a perfect outfit. A buttery soft boot or bootie could also work. NL, DR, Valkyrie, Maenad, Nymph, DP.
2. Bottom Left: funky stripes knit is striking and high energy. A shoe to match that is color, shiny, and pointy. A boot or booty could work here as well. I like the idea of a boot that is a bit witchy or Victorian. Jelly sandals could be fun. If you can pull off a dress this funky, you probably have a lot of room to play in your shoe choice- just avoid anything too classy.
3. Top Right: A kimono feeling with a 3/4 wide sleeve, V-neck, and vertical draping. I love the idea of a velvet loafer in red, or metallic sandals with a bit of sparkle. DL, DR, Nymph, Fae, Maenad.
4. Bottom Right: Green mermaid gown with an off-center shallow v and a bit of pleating detail. It really calls for only the most dressy of flats. Metallic, ornate, and pointed toe is a good choice. Maybe a metallic sandal with a bit of detailing. Maybe a pointed toe slip on or slingback if it's lush enough- soft and embroidered with metallic thread. Nymph, Seer, CL, CR, RL, DR.
5. Center: A solid heathered grey with a bit of asymmetry in the neck and hemline. Any shoe that is funky/unexpected or sporty will work. Ballet flats with an interesting print could work. A truly dressy flat would look odd, but otherwise the options are open. What types do you see possible here?
The post series on How To Get Away With Never Wearing Heels Again has concluded and you can find it all here: